GDPR (2018) Privacy Notice
Updated: May, 2018
4D Research process personal data both as a processor and a controller, as defined in the GDPR.
Who is collecting the data?
4D research is collecting the data: via sign ups to our newsletter; recruitment to take part in research (such as interviews and focus groups).
What data is being collected?
We may collect basic personal information such as email address, first and last name, telephone number, home address, age, gender, ethnicity, disability. For some research projects, it is possible that we may seek specific informed consent to collect sensitive personal information such as sexual orientation, health data, political views etc.
How will you use my information?
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Sending you information about our work and services (newsletter only)
- Arranging face-to-face or online fieldwork
- Keep you informed of appointments you have made with us or to arrange incentive payments
- To help compile or categorise answers you may give within the wider picture of the analysis
What’s the legal basis?
The legal basis for collecting your personal data is: consent of data subjects.
By consenting to this privacy notice, you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified. Consent is required for 4D Research to process both types of personal data but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for personal sensitive data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us using the details given below.
How long will my data be stored for?
For research projects, your personal data will be stored for as long as it takes for the data to be analysed and compiled. Your data will then be deleted.
4D Research will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent.
You can contact us at any time to:
- Request access to any information that 4D Research has about you
- Correct any information that 4D Research has about you
- Delete any information that 4D Research has about you
If you have any additional questions about 4D Research’s collection and storage of data or if you have a complaint, please contact us at:
Tel: 07545 129018.